New England Farms We Love
This fall is the perfect time to support local small businesses around New England. Use any extra time to visit one of the many farm's local farms near you! Visiting a farm is the perfect outside fall activity that you can do while maintaining a safe distance from other visitors.
1. Cider Hill Farm is located in Amesbury, MA. Cider Hill is open 8 am-6 pm every day during the fall season. It is the perfect place for kids because of the variety of outdoor activities it has to offer. There is a hard cider bar for the adults and a new COVID friendly open-air outdoor market where you can pick up fresh produce, and canned goods all made on site. If you make the trip, don't forget to pick up one of the delicious cider donuts that you can watch them make right through the glass! https://www.ciderhill.com/fallinformation
2. Applecrest Farm sits right in rural Hampton Falls, NH. It is open Mon-Fri: 10 am-6 pm, and Sat-Sun: 9 am-6 pm. Applecrest offers pick your own options, and there is also a creamery on-site. A small grocery store is stocked with local produce and products from Applecrest farm and from surrounding small businesses. https://www.applecrest.com
3. Parlee Farms is in Tyngsboro, MA, right next to the Merrimack River. This family-owned farm has many things to offer, including an animal barn, pick your own options, hay mazes, tracker rides, etc. Parlee also has a bakery who's menu offers handmade baked goods starring fruit picked on site. https://parleefarms.com
4. Tendercrop farm has three different locations in Newbury, MA, Dover, NH, and Wenham, MA. The hours for all three areas are 9 am - 6:30 pm. Tendercrop has a vast market with fresh produce picked on-site or sourced locally, baked goods, plants, meats, poultry, and grab and go food. If you are looking to support local businesses, this is a great place to start because of the large variety of local products they offer. http://www.tendercropfarm.com
5. Russel Orchards Farm is Ipswish, MA. The quaint essential spot for apple picking and cider donuts! Plus, its right down the street from Crane's Beach, so if the weather is nice, you could go for a walk along the beach. It's one of our favorite farms! https://www.russellorchards.com
6. Connors Farm in Danvers: This is the spot to bring kids! From animals to playgrounds to activities this
spot has it all. https://www.connorsfarm.com
7. Great Brook Farm in Carlisle, MA: Cows, sheep, hiking, cheese and ICE CREAM! We love this spot! https://www.cabotcheese.coop/our-farm-families/great-brook-farm/
What is your favorite farm to go to? Share with us!